As COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to impact our communities, we wanted to provide you with information on how Interstate Waste Services and (its subsidiary Action Environmental Services) is addressing the situation.
We have been monitoring developments closely and using guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. We have a comprehensive plan in place that will allow us to act quickly should we need to take measures to protect the health of our staff while also mitigating the impact on our ability to serve our customers.
Employees in the private sanitation industry are essential employees who perform critical public services for our communities in this time of crisis. In the weeks ahead, private sanitation workers will play an integral role in ensuring the health and safety of the public. We will continue to use all precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our employees as they carry out their duties.
We have enacted several safety measures to help protect our front line employees:
- Social distancing – no gatherings of 2 or more people
- Closed down all public meeting areas (locker rooms, lunch rooms, break rooms)
- Limiting physical interaction by containing work to trucks only
- Virtual check in areas – no time clock punches
- All drivers, helpers, and operational employees have been given disposable latex gloves and other sanitizing equipment
- Signage on proper hygiene practices have been posted and communicated
- Locations have been sanitized by a biohazard cleaning company
To Our Customers
Currently, we our maintaining our usual collection schedules. If any operational changes are necessary, we will provide that information via email, on our website, and social media channels.
However, due to COVID-19 we are anticipating you may need a change in your service level. Please contact our customer service department at 1-866-DIAL-IWS if you are in need of any changes.