- Recycling is the cornerstone of Interstate Waste Services’ commitment to environmental protection. It’s also an important service we offer to all our customers, whether large, small, industrial, retail, commercial, institutional or construction.
- IWS environmental consultants work with customers to make their recycling efforts as effective as possible.
- We maintain up-to-date information on federal, state and local guidelines to ensure that IWS services are provided in complete compliance with these ever changing guidelines.
Recycling Basics - The 3 Golden Rules of Recycling
This video highlights the 3 easy to remember rules of recycling to ensure all recyclable materials are usable, and do not end up in the landfill.
- Recycling cardboard only takes 75% of the energy needed to make new cardboard.
- Recycling 1 ton of cardboard saves 46 gallons of oil.
- Over 90% of all products shipped in the US are shipped in corrugated boxes, which totals more than 400 billion square feet of cardboard.
- Nearly 80% of all retailers and grocers recycle their cardboard.
- Five plastic bottles (PET) recycled provides enough fiber to create one square feet of carpet or enough fiber fill to fill one ski jacket.
- Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour.
- Recycling one ton of plastic bottles saves the equivalent energy usage of a two person household for one year.