Join Us For Our Job Fair!
Are you looking for a career and not just another job? Want to work for a company that values thier employees and customers? A company that puts a high priority on safety of it's employees and the environment? Then join us for our Action/IWS job fair!
At the Action Environmental Group (Action Environmental Services and Interstate Waste Services) we provide waste and recycling services and solutions from the city to the suburbs. We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that meets individual and family needs.
We are looking for the BEST CDL Drivers!
Date: August 26, 2017
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Action Carting BX Depot - 315 Casanova St, Bronx, NY 10474
Routes may require Drivers to navigate through congested communities and confined or tight areas in city locations. Backing skills are essential, as a large percentage of the time spent servicing customers is done in reverse. Our drivers routinely climb in and out of the truck cab to service customer accounts.
- Position involves lifting (up to 50 - 75 pounds), pushing, pulling, and bending
- Our drivers communicate professionally with customers and dispatch at all times, and comply with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company policies.
- Required work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed and may require overnights, weekend and/or holiday work. Work hours will vary by route.
- Drivers must be able to read and understand a map, complete daily driver logs as well as pre and post trip truck inspections.
- This position will require you to work in all weather extremes including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions.
Trucks & Equipment:
- Rear Loader
- Front Loader
- Side Loader
- Rack Truck
- Roll Off
- Compost/Compactor Truck
Who You’ll Meet:
The Action team will have representatives present from…
- Safety & Risk
- Current, experienced employees
What To Bring:
All candidates MUST bring the following items:
- Updated resume
- Motor Vehicle Record Abstract dated no later than 3 months
- Driver’s License
- CDL (for drivers)
- Social Security Card (in absence of license and SS, passport will suffice)
Be prepared to fill out an application onsite, which includes employment history and professional references.
Drivers: *Please dress appropriately as a there will be a driving test onsite with the operations team*
Check out our careers in action!
Browse all of our career opportunities here.